An ideal base to visit the historical city of Manzanillo and the Guacanayabo Gulf
Time Line, History Facts, Hotel History
- June 1979: Inauguration of the Hotel.
- May 8, 1997: Visit of Leonel Amador Gonzalez, Deputy Minister of the Trade Industry and other officials of CUBATEX.
- April 20, 2004: Host of the participants of the Cuban Female Softball Team for the 2nd Olympic Games of Cuban Sports.
- 2004 – 2006: Host of the Operation Miracle, welcoming patients coming from the Republic of Jamaica.
- December 4, 2006: it is granted the condition of Vanguard Hotel for the first time since it was founded.
Welcome to my site dedicated to the Hotel Guacanayabo. I am "poco a poco" researching and updating it with the aim to provide as complete as possible record of the recent and future capabitilies of Guacanayabo Hotel; bearing in mind that the goings-on today may one day be of historical interest.
My site is NOT the official website of the current hotel operator, and is by no means endorsed by them; but I am grateful for their help with the research. I'm only used my own photos taken with my nice camera.
You can make from this site room reservations through the Bizloco eTravel System operated by Cubaism Ltd which has a direct contract with the current hotel operator.
Best wishes for 2017
Nigel Alexander Hunt